Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Super Mario Star Cupcakes!



I'm not going to post a recipe for this but I thought these cupcakes were cute so I just wanted to share them! For my fiance's birthday, one of the things I made for him were these Super Mario star cupcakes! He is into video games, and I saw this on some website and thought they were so cute. So I gave them a whirl. Everything is homemade..The cupcakes are funfetti with buttercream frosting and then I made the stars out of fondant. In the past I've always regretted every single time I tried working with fondant, but this time it went very smoothly. I think having my Kitchenaid mixer helps a LOT. Trying to mix ingredients with corn syrup by hand is almost impossible. I've done it before but it takes such a long time to get everything blended well. It's just an all around pain.

Enough of my rambling, here are some more pictures!





I found these little cupcake boxes to stick them in too. Aren't they neat? 

He said he liked them a lot, I'm glad they turned out so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment